LATE NIGHT THEATRE – MELODRAMA
- 13.12.1972 The Evil Priest – Or Murder at the Rectory (missing)
- 20.12.1972 Steely Jack, or Where's There's a Will There's a Death (missing)
- 03.01.1973 Death to the General or Dirty Deeds at Deal (missing)
- 03.01.1973 The Kong Ting Ruby or the Sparkle of Blood (missing)
- 17.01.1973 The Crimson Scar, or the Grand Treasure of Sierra Maria (missing)
- 24.01.1973 The Gypsy's Revenge or the Wrath of the Romanies (missing)
LATE NIGHT THEATRE
- 15.11.1972 The Carrier Bag (missing)
- 22.11.1972 Staying On (missing)
- 29.11.1972 Field Work (missing)
- 06.12.1972 Time Passing (missing)
- 23.05.1973 The Old Days
The only known complete copy was recorded on a domestic video format (e.g. VHS, Beta, Philips 1500).
- 30.05.1973 Family Tree (missing)
- 06.06.1973 Feet Together, Hands to the Sides (missing)
- 13.06.1973 Susan (missing)
- 01.08.1973 We're Strangers Here (missing)
- 09.04.1974 One's Company (missing)
- 16.04.1974 The Peak (missing)
- 23.04.1974 The Loss (missing)
- 30.04.1974 Two Women (missing)
If the programme you were looking for isn’t here there could be a number of reasons: It’s worth double-checking that you typed in your search string correctly. But if you’re sure you have, please bear in mind that there are a lot of programmes we don’t have any information on at all.
If the programme you’re searching for falls into one of these categories:Sports Programmes
Quiz / Game Shows
Some Children’s Magazine and Music Shows then we probably don’t have any information on it, so it might be missing, particularly if it was made in 1979 or earlier.
Lastly, don’t forget that we only hold information on British TV programmes, you won’t be able to find any information about programmes made for American or Australian television, for example. Just because we don’t have a listing for your programme doesn’t mean that it isn’t of interest to us. It just means that we don’t have any information about it.
We’ve got details on more than 175,000 different episodes, almost 40,000 of which are not thought to exist in the ‘official’ archives. Now, before you get too depressed by this fact, some of these are really old shows which were made before television programmes were generally recorded at all. We realise it’s very unlikely that these older programmes will exist at all, but there’s always the chance that someone recorded some 8mm film footage of them off their television screen or maybe made a sound recording of them while they were being broadcast. That’s still of interest to us.
However, our main hope is that someone will be able to help us recover some programmes which were recorded, but which are now thought to be lost for ever. That’s what this search engine is for – to help you identify whether that old film print you’ve got in your attic, or that old video recording you made back in the early 1970s is missing from the archives.
You could type in a programme name, or an episode name and click on ‘Search’ and it will give you some summary information whether or not the programme is lost. You don’t have to enter a complete name, entering part of the name – unless it’s very short – should find it too. If some or all of that programme is lost, you can click on the link and get further details. If it’s a music or variety programme you have, you may be able to locate it by typing in the names of one of the main guests and clicking on ‘Search’. This information is far from complete, but it may help you to identify a particular edition.
Our information is good, but it’s not perfect. There will be mistakes in it, and we know it’s incomplete. In particular, information is very patchy on programmes in the some categories. This website only contains information concerning British broadcasts. Happy searching!